Well, hang on, be strong.
Friday, September 28, 2012 // 0 comment(s)

#nowplaying Be Strong - Delta Goodrem

Let it go with the wind, 
time passes us by,
and know that you're allowed to cry.


Life is short, we all know that. I have this odd feeling. It's this feeling I can't grasp that I'm worried about my whole perspective on death.

My brother's schoolmate, Yoon Seck Seong, who was 15 this year, lost a battle to leukemia after about a year and a half. He passed away today.

When I heard about this, at first I thought about all the things he had yet the chance to experience, all the things he hadn't gotten the chance to learn, all the people he hadn't met and all the sunrises he would never see again. On a second thought, he was suffering so much throughout therapies and treatments, it's best if he'd passed away peacefully like how he did. Then I started thinking about how much pain his family members must be feeling right now. No amount of 'I'm sorry' and 'Condolences' will ever be enough to patch up that empty hole at which the broken pieces their son or brother brought along with him when he passed away. I wonder how long will it take for them to live normally again. I also wonder will they ever smile and mean it anymore.

From what I've seen, yes, people will eventually be fine but it just never will be the same.

'Cause when you're in you're darkest hour, 
and all of the light just fades away,
when you're like a single flower whose colours have turned to shades of gray, 
well, hang on and be strong. 

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment