The syndrome
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 // 0 comment(s)

Okay this time round I'm going to offend people again, specifically kiasu people. So please don't read if you're kiasu. Whatever I said below is based on the people I've met. Sry but I'm just too annoyed to not blog about this.

I get it if some people are naturally 'kiasu' as in scared to lose. I get it if you wanna win all the time. I get it but I will never ever accept that kind of behaviour. I just get thoroughly annoyed.

It's not like you'll be any dumber if you share what you know to others. It's not like you'll lose that piece of information once you tell other people. You have to understand that by sharing knowledge sometimes, you get more in return. I just don't get it why people are so scared to share what they know. As if they will be dumber that way. Knowledge is technically not money. If you won't share your money, that is totally acceptable. Wtf #irrelevant.

I used to have friends like that and still do. Conversations between us are usually:

Me: Can you explain this to me?
Le kiasu friend: Oh I also don't know.


Me: What did you get for the test?
Le kiasu friend: Oh I forgot.
(FTS YOU FORGET YOUR MARKS YOU GOT 5 MINS AGO, CONGRATS, YOU CAN STOP STUDYING WITH THAT SHITTY MEMORY)


Me: Do you know what's coming out for trials? (SPM last year)
Le kiasu friend: I haven't even sat for the test. How would I know? I'm not the one who set the trials paper.
(FTS IM ASKING FOR LIKE, TIPS TEACHERS GAVE. NOT THE EXACT QUESTIONS. WHY SO KIASU?)


Me: Do you know what this means?
Le kiasu friend: /shrugs/

Btw I hate people who shrug all the damn time. I don't get it. Is it so difficult to say that you're not sure or unclear. A shrug is simply a rude and lazy way to say that you don't wanna tell whatever you know. With this kind of behaviour, even you're a prime minister in the future, no  one will freaking like you. And in the future, your relationships with people is very important. But uh usually kiasu people are socially awkward because they are too kiasu to chat, too kiasu to waste a little bit of time bonding with people, too kiasu to realise that sometimes only studying won't help in the future. You will need friends.

And when you wanna talk, le kiasu friend will just ignore you when they wanna be kiasu and bury their heads in their books. Whatever okay I forgive them. But when le kiasu friend decides that the lecture is useless, they will keep disturbing you and talking bullshit when all you wanna do is to listen to bullshit lecturer talking crap(on purpose HAHA).

Thank god I don't have kiasu people as friends. They are just acquaintances. People I will forget and not miss after awhile.

Le kiasu friends, this is the impact you have on other people you think are your friends --> NONE. You just enter their lives as their kiasu classmates and leave as nobody. Nobody will miss you because you don't make your presence precious to them. All you care about is how many As you get, how many secret informations about exams you have and how you get things done your way.

#TROLLING

Labels:

Post a Comment