Letting go.
Monday, August 11, 2014 // 0 comment(s)

This reminds me of my running days. They say people with shorter legs run faster because our legs move twice as fast. True. I also tend to extend my legs as far as possible while also trying to double up the movements of my legs. One foot forward, then another moves forward. I am ahead. At this time, someone appears next to me, attempting to overcome my speed. I try to be even faster but I feel my legs already extending to its maximum. I realise I can never be faster. I feel that hopelessness as it dawns upon me that I will lose this race. I will lose because this is my limit, this is how fast I can ever be. That someone overtakes me by a step, 2 steps, 3 steps...

Eventually, I lose. As the crowd cheers for the winner, I recover to normal respiration before taking a big sip of water, thinking how no one notices I am the one leading initially. Because to them, results is everything.

Labels:

Post a Comment